Thursday, March 10, 2011

missing you...

Photobucket
This photo was taken back in October. This is our first family photo without Jerald. It was bittersweet but I like to think that his spirit was with us (see the way the sun hit the lens and made the colorful glare/reflection in between my mom and I...I like to think that's my brother's spirit).

I really dislike it when my heart is so heavy with pain b/c I miss you. I would give anything to go back in time and have you back in my life.
When I lost you it was one of life's lessons taught. Never take someone for granted. I see so many families in feuds and I just want to say "life is too short to be mad, forgive and forget!" It's not worth the fight. Love each day and embrace life.
My family is everything to me. The family I was born into and the family I have started with my husband. I would do everything and anything I can for them.
This morning you visited me in my dreams...thank you!!! You might not have stayed too long but I remember as I got into the car I turned around and watched you in the back window and I remember thinking that I wanted to hold on to the memory forever. You smiled at me and waved goodbye.
So now I'm in tears and missing you even more this morning but I must move on with my day.
I'll be waiting for your next visit...here's to DREAMS!!!!
Love your little sister, Erika (E.Rod)

2 comments:

  1. I do see the light ~ such promising light! I love this picture and your blog! It seriously brings tears to my eyes each time I have read it (four times now!) I think when you lose a loved one you hold comfort in moments such as the one above!

    ReplyDelete