Thursday, March 3, 2011

The Wickliffe Family | Ft. Wayne, IN Family Photography

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

I LOVE LOVE LOVE this family!!!!! Nathan is one of my oldest childhood friends (1986). He was my very first friend up at the lake. I still remember the day I met him, we were in the back seat of his Aunt Mary's car sharing Skittles. It was more like this, Nathan this is Erika and Erika this is Nathan...you want some Skittles...lol!!!! That is how our friendship started.
We dreaded the winter time b/c we didn't get to see each other but once summer rolled in we were inseparable. Spending hours and hours down at the beach playing in the sand or in the water playing Marco Polo, fishing and catching toads, eating lots of ice cream at the clubhouse, singing and dancing, boating and tubing!!! I can say we lived a pretty good life as kids!
As the years went by Nathan's family became my family. When I went off to college his parents invited me to come live with them, so I moved in. It became a joke that I was their foreign exchange student and some of the people from their church really believed it...lol!!! I had so much fun living there and being a part of that family!
Nathan moved to Cali 6/7 years ago and met his wife, Blair. They became a family very quickly and to tell you the truth I never had the chance to talk to her until now. She is such a sweet person...love her personality and that Arkansas accent!!!! lol! Nathan did good when he picked her =) And his kids...I can't forget his kids, they are such a joy to be around! Those boys sure keep you on your toes and little Lily is their newest addition. She's a doll!!! What an honor to photograph such a beautiful, fun, loving family =)
The Wickliffe family will always be a huge part of my life and I miss them all dearly. They now all live in California and we don't get to see much of each other...only through facebook =(
I hope to fly out there this summer to see them and to make some new memories...Here's to summer!!!

1 comment:

  1. Aww Erika that was so sweet and made me cry! You will ALWAYS be a part of our family, and my big sis. We were the ones who were blessed to have you stay with us during your college years, and I finally got the big sister I always wanted. Love you forever! xoxo
    Yesss here's to SUMMER! CANT WAIT FOR YOU TO COME VISIT!

    ReplyDelete